What to do about pensions inaccuracies?

If you have concerns about the pensions data Capita / PCSE / NHS England hold for you, this page aims to outline what GP Survival would suggest you do based on our experience campaigning on this issue since September 2017.

  1. First, some reassurance: you do not need to worry about PCSE losing your contributions. All you need to do is make those contributions, and submit the relevant paperwork (ONCE!). Your pensions contributions are not part of a conventional pension pot – rather, they go back to the Treasury and are used to pay existing pensions (and, historically, to provide significant surpluses to the government – they continued to do so in 2017-2018 – item 3.4.2 net cash requirement).
  2. This means that even if Capita goes bust with your contributions held in the bank account of unallocated funds they’ve lost the details of, the government is still obliged to pay your pension based on your pensionable earnings.
  3. If you haven’t already, submit a Subject Access Request to NHS England – you can do this using our google form. This will allow us to hold onto your SAR and submit it in bulk if and when necessary.
  4. If you already have pensions information, and are aware of inconsistencies or omissions in it, raise these formally with NHSE by e-mailing them.
  5. Do not resubmit any documentation, especially if NHSE request that you do so. The ICO have confirmed to GP Survival that NHS England should not be asking individual members to do this, and had given the ICO undertakings that they would not do so. Accordingly, if this happens please let GP Survival know.

There is further useful information: