- To establish a grassroots movement of GPs which will fight for the survival of General Practice in the UK
- To work towards a full membership group with elected representatives
- To draw attention to the current crisis in General Practice in the UK
- To identify the causes of this crisis and campaign for realistic solutions
- To address the 5 main areas affecting the survival of General Practice by campaigning for:
- Sustainable Workload e.g stopping additional work being given to GPs without negotiation, addressing red-tape and constant restructuring.
- Fairer funding e.g. payment for work done, addressing Medical Defence Organisation fees, fairness of GMC regulation.
- Promotion of appropriate usage of General Practice e.g. promoting self care, use of OTC medications.
- Promotion of General Practice itself e.g. appropriate media representation, engaging young doctors.
- Supporting a skilled GP workforce e.g. improving work life balance for retention, peer support.